Thursday, February 24, 2011

Recent Sewing

I've been sewing a little bit lately... ok, let's be honest. When am I not sewing? At completely random times throughout the day, I find myself sneaking into the sewing room (also the guest room) and making progress here and there on a project. When it's complete, booyah! I made something. And it is wearable, too. Even better!


I had tops for my two daughters that I fully intended to put applique's on. For whatever reason they ended up being dresses. Easy way to use up scrap fabric. The bigger dress has a tie that ties around the front, rocking the oriental look.






Are you tilting your head, saying "what does this skirt look like? The picture is too close." Yes I know, but hubby hasn't been home to take pictures of my creations this month. I had to hold out the point and shoot camera for this one. It's from the Amy Butler pattern I use to make the plaid skirt out of. This is an awesome pattern. My only gripe about this skirt is that I failed to look at where the large flower was placed on the last two tiers of the skirt. But that's minute, really. Love it. Now I just need some Springtime, please!


Once again, no one to take the picture for me... this is a stretch sweater knit that I banded with elastic and called it a day. Very easy to make, took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I'm looking forward to wearing this one a lot!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

adore those dresses! especially the colors on the first one!

AnnaRaz said...

Hey thanks Tabitha! Fun stuff to make.