Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Just Might be in Trouble..

So this morning my Eldest and I decided to get breakfast started while Daddy slept. Dangerous thing to do, leaving two chocolate lovers to decide on breakfast. Thank goodness there are chocolate-lovers who have gone before us, writing recipe books to document their findings. Eldest Daughter and I selected a recipe from Veganomicon: Chocolate Chip Brownie Waffles. Mmmmmm.

What???

Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? I mean, they're waffles, after all. And isn't that breakfast food?

They were fantastic! So good that I am going to all the trouble to type out the recipe for you to try.


Chocolate Chip Brownie Waffles
Veganomicon - Moskowitz & Romero

Measure these into your sifter:

2 c white flour

2/3 c cocoa

1 T baking powder

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t cinnamon

1/2 t salt


Mix these in an extra large bowl:

1-3/4 c soymilk (I used almond milk because it's what I had)

1/4 c water

1/2 c soy yogurt (I used mashed firm tofu because it's what I had)

1/3 c oil

2/3 c sugar

1-1/2 t vanilla


Sift in the dry stuff, then blend with a whisk. When it’s almost mixed, blend in:

1 c vegan semisweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped

1/3 c chopped walnuts


Ladle the batter onto your preheated (well oiled!) waffle iron. We didn't use much syrup but added a few strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream (not vegan, but whatever).

Enjoy!

0 comments: