Sunday, March 6, 2011

Recent Reading


The Jesus Storybook Bible - I was looking for a bible that was aimed at my almost 4 year old's age range, and something she could understand. This is a bit verbose for her attention span, but the messages are spot on.

One Thousand Gifts - I LOVE this book. It's written in a way that makes me want to slow down. To think slow, to talk slowly, to act slowly. To embrace each moment of each day and live it for what it is. Awesome.

So the bottom four I checked out from the library:
Feeding the Whole Family - I was looking for a good family cookbook and I think I've found it. Not that I am lacking in the cookbook department... just cookbooks full of things my girls will eat. This one is pretty good and I've already tried several of the recipes out of it. It's a possibility I'll add it to my repertoire.

Crazy Sexy Diet - This book has hit the diet world by storm. The author battled cancer and learned about holistic health in the process. This is the best book on nutrition and body care that I've seen in a while.

Appetite for Reduction - I love the author of this cookbook and have two of her previous cookbooks. Usually she's not shy on using more caloric items in her recipes, though this cookbook is her answer to those who say her recipes aren't low-cal. So far everything I've tried out of it has been really good and needed minimal tweaking.

Fast Fit - I'm looking for a good book to tell me how to fit my patterns to my body. I copied a few pages out of this book to have as a reference. Maybe they'll help. Who knows.

I LOVE to read! Now go grab you a book and sit down and read it!

0 comments: