Thursday, January 7, 2010

Purple House Dress




About 8 months ago I started working on this little dress for my 2 year old Ellie. I had assembled the dress and was serging the bodice onto the skirt when the bodice got caught in the sergers crossfire creating a nasty gaping hole. A hole! Front and center of the top. I felt like such an idiot. I literally stood on the landing and jumped up and down I was so mad (are you picturing it? because you should be). Then I decided to trash the dress. A few days later I took it out of the trash and started thinking of how I could repair my mistake. Ribbon? A pocket? An applique? No... I really wanted to add purple polka dot fabric to the bottom of the dress and I didn't want to add more stuff to it. So I just left it alone. It has sat in my "to be completed" box for the past 8 months until now. Yesterday I decided to finish the dress. Partially because Ellie is really into purple right now, and partially because I'm tired of looking at it, and partially because it's the new year and I'm feeling energized. I have decided to just cut out a new top, not very creative, but it's what I want to do. I liked it the way it was. More on the dress when I finish!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute pattern!!! And yes I pictured you stomping up and down mumbling like a crazy neighbor!