Friday, November 12, 2010

Cornbread yum yum


How many of you out there love Jiffy? I mean, who doesn't, right? Well now you can say, "I used to love Jiffy, but Anna showed me a better recipe and now my life has changed forever." Really, go ahead and just say it because I'm about to change your cornbread-making forever. Ok, ok, that's a bit lofty... but here's an awesome cornbread recipe that you seriously won't be able to stop eating. I mean, look at that pan. That's after our family of 2 adults and 2 small girls have eaten dinner. We LOVE this stuff. Here goes:

Golden Sweet Cornbread
(originally from allrecipes.com)

1c all purpose flour (I've used a combo of whole wheat or white wheat that worked well)
1c yellow cornmeal (I've used blue before and if worked fine)
2/3c sugar
1 1/2t salt
3 1/2 t baking powder
1 egg
1c soy milk
1/2c veg oil
1/2t vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 and grease your pan (either a 8x8 or something equivalent). Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk, and veg oil until well combined and pour the batter in the pan. Bake 20 minutes or until the center is done.

0 comments: